Always Essential Fellowship
ABOUT ALWAYS ESSENTIAL FELLOWSHIP
Launched in June of 2021, the Always Essential Fellowship is a popular education and skills training program created to provide support and education for essential workers all across the country. As essential workers lead ground-breaking campaigns to raise working standards and leverage opportunities to have a seat at decision-making tables, we are actively engaging them in a 5-months fellowship program to enhance their skills and create cross-coordination on their campaigns.
ESSENTIAL ORGANIZING COHORT
The Essential Organizing Cohort provides essential workers with access to training in topics such as storytelling to scale, effective one on ones, social media as an organizing tool, campaign strategy, and building a power analysis among other topics.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Fellows of the Essential Organizing Cohort attend virtual zoom training, and have the opportunity to engage in discussions with worker leaders from other community partners. They will have access to additional training, networking, and mentorship opportunities, and be granted a monthly $500 stipend for the fellows to support their time commitments during the fellowship.
FELLOWS’ TIME COMMITMENT
- An average of three 2-hour classes a month, culminating in anywhere from 6-10 hours a month of training and occasional homework assignments with their organizers over a 5-month period. (August 30, 2022 to February 7, 2023)
- Attend a bi-monthly virtual one-on-one with a member of the Always Essential team.
REQUIREMENTS for PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS
- Identify (one or two) worker leaders who are actively involved in a campaign and an organizer to participate in the fellowship.
- Commit to distribute stipends to fellows on a monthly basis and fulfill all MOUs commitments for the fellowship.
- Purchase technology for fellows ahead of the fellowship start date.
- Submit a one-pager grant report at the end of the fellowship.
Requirements for Organizers:
- Follow up with and support your fellow throughout the duration of the program.
- Attend a monthly meeting with the fellowship’s team to review what was covered in the previous months of the fellowship & what is to come in the next month.
- Attend three one-on-ones with the fellowship team for feedback and updates on the development of their fellows.
If you are interested in applying for your members to join the 2022 Fellowship, please fill out our interest form.
For questions or more information, please contact Valeria Trevino at firstname.lastname@example.org